Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Accidental refreshment fires up the artist inside of me...

Well, I have been a busy bee, finishing up a few projects this week. I have some prints to order, discs to mail, and still more to edit and upload! My oh my!

I thought I'd share a juicy little snack from my latest outing with my son....

I just had to take a break from all the projects and run outside with him for a while.... it was well worth it!

He had a blast and I felt his energy and absorbed his giggles... I needed that recharge!

It amazes me at how, as an adult, I can get so caught up in my daily to-do list and all my projects, and forget how fast this time is flying by. I cherish every moment with my son and I must remember to take these outings every day with him, to remember where I am, who I am. He can, without any words, correct my course, lighten my mood, warm my heart and inspire my inner artist in ways that no one else can! I have found that my approach to work has shifted so much since he came along. He's made me a better person and a better artist. I love him for that and for everything he is!

Just to see him smile makes my day!

I watch him at play, he finds enjoyment in such little, insignificant things. He freely forgives, immediately almost! He lets his imagination take over. He sees no limits, no restrictions. He feels completely, loves intensely, and trusts wholeheartedly. He finds treasure every single day, views all things as new and exciting, and the explorer in him knows no boundaries!

If I could be more like him, in even in the smallest degree, I think I should increase my happiness a hundred fold!

If ever you find yourself slipping away from your goals, missing yourself, or in need of inspiration, go outside and play with your children. Really play. Don't let your adult-hood get in they way, let yourself, go! Put on that cape, fly around the yard like superman! Make those silly car noises as you drive them around in the grass. Put the camera down, the papers away, the phone silenced, the tv off. Loose yourself in their childhood, it will do you a world of good.... it did me!

Until next time, stay Snap Happy!

No comments: