Thursday, December 22, 2011

Giggles and Jibber Jabber

I know that this is not directly related to photography, but I just had to share it. I sometimes get so busy during the day, (I work from home), that I forget to take a moment and BE HOME! :) I think you know what I mean.

I decided last week that I would take at least one hour out of my early afternoon and turn everything off and, well, be home. So, after a few days of doing that, it's been the best thing I have ever done! I focus 100% on my son, we play, we giggle, he jibber jabbers, and it is the highlight of my day! I've always had things for him to do, and stopped for a few minutes here and there to play with him, but this is so much better than that! It's purposeful, meaningful time!

Plus, an added bonus to this, I actually get everything done that needed to get done anyways! I get to take a breather, calm down a bit, and re-collect myself!

So, if you are a work at home mom like me, I highly recommend this! It truly is the best part of my day and it's so good for my body, mind and the rewards from my son are beyond all compare!

Have a great day everyone, take a moment, and keep it snappy!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

good idea bobbie, glad you're having fun with your son. :) i've been been trying to unplug more too, between facebook, twitter, blogs, website.... it all gets a little overwhelming sometimes.

Unknown said...

It can be overwhelming! I think it is so important to take time everyday to catch your breath! :)