Friday, July 8, 2011

My favorite subject....and a new logo!

  So thought I would reveal my new logo with this blog post. I am very pleased with it! I hope you all like it as well! I am updating various aspects of the business and this was the first thing I wanted to share with you all! Keep a look out for even more updates, and new specials!

Now, on to my favorite subject:

  Food, animals, flowers, bugs, nature. All of those subjects are fun in their own way to photograph. Each one has different obstacles and challenges to overcome. Each have a unique way of conveying the beauty of life. For many people, their favorite subject to photograph has personal reasons behind it. That is true for me. I love taking pictures of animals. They are all unique characters and I love how the expressions captured would otherwise have gone unnoticed! The simple sweetness and delicate nature of flowers has always captivated me when I photograph them. Event photography really speaks for itself.... it's always eventful! I never get bored when I am photographing groups of people at an event! But, despite all the fun I have when photographing all of those subjects, there is yet another subject that I love even more. In fact, I can't seem to ever satisfy my need to photograph this subject!

  I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't photograph my favorite subject! My last count, which was several months ago, I have well over 2,000 photographs of this subject! Some of my best shots have been because of my favorite subject. I have learned new techniques, new styles and made new mistakes! I really feel that I have grown so much, as a person and as a professional, since I started photographing this subject.

  I am sure that by now, you've looked at the picture and figured out what my favorite subject is. It is my son. As a professional photographer, I love taking pictures of children and families. I love the intimacy of each picture. I love how the relationships between each of the individuals shines through in the photograph. You can see secrets being told to each other in just a glance. You can feel unspoken respect and love. You can feel unmatched faithfulness and loyalty. But, when I take a picture of my little man, all of those emotions are intensified!

  Of course, you don't have to be a professional to appreciate a good photograph or feel emotions when you look at it. I personally enjoy going to art exhibits and viewing other artists work. I still feel the same emotions. And, really, that is the goal of any artist. To move, motivate or otherwise inspire your audience.

  I am really excited about the upcoming events for my business. I hope that I can reach you, my audience, in ways you've never expected! I look forward to sharing with you my newest work and latest creations!

  Until then, don't hesitate to pick up your camera, record those moments and preserve those memories, keep it snappy!!!

No comments: