Monday, July 18, 2011

New feature post.... look for it soon!

Just an FYI, I am working on a new feature post, "What NOT to do in everyday photography". This post will be a regular series in my blog. I will address simple mistakes everyone has made when taking a picture. I will show you what NOT to do, and then what you can do to avoid doing it again! Most tips are very simple and super easy to remember!

For example, have you ever taken a photograph of someone indoors, and you realized after the fact that it was completely washed out by the flash? Or how about when you take a quick snapshot of a giggling friend and it turns out blurry. Or perhaps you have taken a picture while at the lake or the beach and it was prettier in your mind than in your camera!!

I will take one subject at a time. Take a sample photo of what NOT to do and what it should look like done correctly. I will be using my Olympus digital camera to take the photos, so you will see that you don't need a fancy DSLR to take great looking pictures!

What I would like from you, my faithful readers, is either a suggestion on a specific subject you would like to learn to help you improve your photographic abilities, and/or photo submissions, you may submit photos that you personally have taken that didn't turn out the way you had hoped, and I will address the problem. You can email the submission or request to me @ bobbie@bobbielyons.com Be sure to include your name, describe what you wanted to accomplish in the photo. (You may only submit photos that you have taken personally, no vulgar or nude photography, I will need your consent to post them in my blog. I reserve the right to refuse any submission and delete submissions at any time without notice)

Subjects can vary from camera settings to editing tips and tricks! So keep a look out for the new series! Be sure to share the info with your friends too! Everyone has the ability to improve their photographic skills and I am determined to prove that you don't have to be a pro to be a good photographer! You will learn how easy it is to take great looking photos with your family camera!


Until next time my Snap Happy Friends!

No comments: