Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Balancing act - it's called "life"

I have decided that life is just like a high wire balancing act. If you are a mom, you know exactly what I mean! Even if you don't have kids, balancing life can be a challenge. Sometimes we forget to step back and look at the chaos around us and find the humor in it. So, the laundry didn't get done, so you didn't make a five course all organic meal for dinner tonight, it's OK! To balance my life and my sanity I have to constantly step back and look at what is funny, what is beautiful, and what is good that is going on. If I focused on everything I haven't finished, everything I didn't get to, and everything that didn't go as planned, I would loose my balance and I'm sure I would go insane!

You may be asking, what in the world inspired this chatter? Well, my son did.

Now that my son is a full blown toddler, walking, running, trying to talk, climbing into and onto things,  like the dog, opening things, like my purse, the toilet lid, the jar of toddler treats, sprinkling them all across the floor, opening the baggy full of toddler yogurt bites, spreading them across the floor, then stomping on them for good measure, opening a bag of Oreo cookies that someone left on the table in the living room at his height, then hiding in a corner eating them as fast as he can, grabbing his cracker bag out the diaper bag, stuffing them into the cushions of the couch, closing things, unfolding things, throwing things in the garbage can, in the tub, in my shoe, in my purse, in the dogs water bowl, dumping out his toy box, his diaper basket, the wipes container, my purse, dragging things off into other rooms like the rugs, remotes to the wii, my purse... (notice a pattern?), I have found out that balancing a toddler, housework, and two businesses is a HUGE Challenge! - Mind you, this was just yesterday! Who knows what today will bring! Perhaps a ripped up check book, a flushed set of keys, a missing remote...

But, I have also found, that he makes great photo opportunities for me!!! And, I wouldn't have it any other way! My life was so boring before he came along! Just what did I do with all that spare time? :)

Today, I was just reflecting on how much my life has changed in the last year and a half, and I have come to the conclusion that it is great! I moved to a new town, made some great new friends, had a wonderful little boy, I've been able to get closer to my sister, Shari, and the whole time I've been able to take some pretty amazing photo's for my scrapbook! Granted, they are not all very pretty! But, they are all very special to me.

I think it is so important to preserve your memories as best as you can. Because, you never know when you want to look back on them and remember what it was like back then, when you were walking your high wire, figuring out your balancing act! It may have been scary at the time and you weren't sure what your next move should be, but, boy was it a great time!!!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

i love this post bobbie! your little guy is so cute, sounds like he keeps you on your toes!! :)

Unknown said...

Yes he does! I look forward to Chris coming home so I can get a little break, I let him do all the running and chasing! hahahaha! He is a very, very busy boy!