Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The cake boss IS the boss!

So, do any of you watch "Cake Boss"?  I do and I love that show. I have been wanting to try making a cake with Fondant and sugar flowers for a long time now, so I gave it whirl this morning. I made a small whimsy cake. I love the whimsical looking cakes, they make me smile. I have to say. working with Fondant is NOT as easy as it looks! I enjoyed it yes, but it's actually pretty hard. I ran out of fondant for my lace edge,  I didn't make the kind of flowers I originally wanted to, but, you can blame that on my son, he wasn't being very cooperative today, so I rushed the flowers. Right now, as I type, he is behind my desk chair turning over all my papers and files that I worked on yesterday! Hahaha!! I think it's his goal, you know.... to make my life a constant cleaning, constant diaper changing, constant food preparing, constant feeding, constant chasing kind of life!

Back to the cake, I definately want to try to make another cake, and maybe even make a bigger whismy cake, like a topsy cake or something like that. Or maybe even a realistic cake. It definately releases my creative energy that I spoke about! But in all honesty, my cake is quite horrible, you would look at it and think a child made it!! (I think I will stick with photography, cake decorating is not a profession I was made for!)

At any rate, after today, I have new respect for Buddy, the boss. He is an artist and I believe that all cake decorators who do work like him are under-appreciated!

No comments: