Friday, October 1, 2010

Creative energy bubbling over!

Sooo.... as you know I am a photographer. I love, love, LOVE photography! I take so many pictures all the time it's crazy! But, I have been wanting to expand my creativity lately, so.... I bought a sewing machine! Hahahaha, bet you thought that I was going to buy something that had to do with photography huh?? :) Well, I used to sew when I was younger, but, then I didn't have a sewing machine after I got married and got away from it. Since my in-laws are visiting, yesterday my mother-in-law and I went to town, shopped all day, had a blast! I ended up buying material for two blankets, one for my husband and one for me. When we got home we made both the blankets together, they aren't large, more like a large throw. His has a football print on it, obviously he's a huge football fan! Mine has a very bright retro print. They turned out great! We had so much fun making them together too! But, the funny thing is..... they were tie blankets - NO SEWING! Hahahahahaha!

So my creative energy was satisfied, but not exactly in the way I thought it would be!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I, too, have been itching to sew again. It's definitely on my To-Do list for this winter. I haven't sewn since Brad was a baby--and he's now 16-1/2!

Sunny said...

love the blankets!! i'm jealous of all your creative energy... i seriously don't have a creative bone in my body. :D